I made the best homemade almond butter I’ve ever had. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Almond Butter. Need I say anymore? I don’t think so. I’m going to be putting this into my oatmeal and smoothies, and anything else I feel like.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Almond Butter
- 2 cup roasted almonds
- 2-3t pure cane sugar
- 2-3t coconut oil
- 1/4t salt
- 2t vanilla extract
- 1/3t coconut extract (or almond)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped chocolate chips
- Place almonds in a heavy-duty food processor and turn on, scraping the bowl often to keep things moving.
- Process until it finally starts to butterize. This took about 6-10min, approximately.
- Keep scraping and processing until smooth. Be patient. *If it’s been 10min and things still aren’t together, add 2t oil.
- Add in 2t sugar, salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Process again until smooth.
- Taste and add more sugar if it’s not sweet enough, but remember the chopped chocolate will add a bit of sweetness as well.
- Once it’s nice and smooth, like the photo I show above in the food processor, empty into a bowl and put in the fridge for about 1hr, until room temperature. The processed nut butter will likely be very warm. If you mix the chocolate chips in at this point, they will melt.
- Once the nut butter has come to room temp, stir in the chocolate chips.
Blender-Free Strawberry Banana Sorbet
- 1 medium Banana
- 4 medium Strawberries
While still in peel, lightly roll banana on counter top to soften it up. Cut one end of banana off and carefully squeeze contents into a plastic sandwich bag. Cut up 4 strawberries, removing leaves, and place in bag. Close bag and squish contents until contents are mixed to your liking. Cut corner off of bag and squeeze into a freezer-safe container (I like to use a rinsed out small Chobani yogurt cup). Cover with saran wrap and a rubber band. Put in freezer and wait for contents to firm. Enjoy.
Nutritional Content: (<1g fat, 32.5g carbs, 1.75g protein, ~128 calories)
Raw Protein Thin Mints (Vegan!)
prep time: 5 minutes
bake time: zero
serving: varies depending on your cookie scooper. we tend to get around 9-10 cookies.
- 3/4 cup protein powder
- 1/2 + 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp stevia, liquid
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 -7 tbsp coconut oil, liquid
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
- Scoop onto plate or tray, then set in fridge to set. want the cookies to be hard to the touch.
- Keep refrigerator or store in freezer.
10 Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes!
For a humble root vegetable, the sweet potato sure does have a lot going for it. The orange tuber packs 438% of your daily value of infection-fighting vitamin A and, like carrots, sweet potatoes are a major source of skin-protecting beta-carotene. While bananas are often touted as the go-to source of potassium, a medium sweet potato has 28% more potassium than a banana. (The mineral helps your body absorb fluids to replace sweat losses.)
Whether sweet potatoes only enter your kitchen on Thanksgiving or they have a regular spot in your cooking rotation, you could probably use more delicious ways to prepare them. Here are 10 recipes for dishes from fries to soup—each with about 300 calories or less.
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Gingered Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
Spiced Sweet Potato Chips
Baked Sweet Potato Latkes
Rosemary Sweet Potato Wedges
Chili-Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Apple and Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Ginger Sweet Potato Cheesecake
Marshmallow Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Today’s first official snack of the day:
Vanilla Kiwi Rainbow Greek Yogurt :3
Plan fat free greek yogurt + 1 cubed kiwi + vanilla stevia + a shake of Fruity Pebbles
The tartness of the yogurt and the kiwi mesh so well with the sweet of the vanilla and the cereal- It’s DELISH! :D
Tone It Up Protein Pancakes!
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbs vanilla almond milk or skim
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed
- After above ingredients are mixed together add 1/2 banana (mashed)- mash first, then add!!
- Add a handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
Pour into a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray ~ heat on medium. Cook one side until you see the little bubbles.. just like cooking any pancake! Flip over (careful!) and cook on the other size until the middle is done (peek inside with a fork).
Top with two sliced strawberries and optional powdered stevia. ENJOY your protein pancakes :)
These protein pancakes are SO delicious, and will definitely satisfy any craving for pancakes! (It’s a nice change of pace from oatmeal, too!) They’re not rubbery feeling like some other protein pancakes are. Definitely try these out!
Frozen Strawberry Protein Sorbet
I have this as a small snack or as desert if I’m craving something sweet post meal.
- 1/2-1 cup FROZEN Strawberries
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Vanilla Brown Rice Protein powder
- 1 packet of Stevia (optional)
Place it all in a blender or food processor and Blend until it’s thick (thicker then a smoothie).
Also good if you top it with some more berries, granola, nuts or a bit of chocolate!